College Baseball Games Saturday

Yale, 11; Holy Cross, 3.

Yale defeated Holy Cross with ease at New Haven last Saturday. Only in one inning did the visitors score. In the third, with the bases full, Trudeau threw high to catch Pappalau at the plate, and three men scampered home. This was the only time Holy Cross could get a man as far as third, except in the case of Capt. Powers, who made a three-bagger.

Trudeau kept the Holy Cross batters guessing, and was backed up by almost perfect team work. Kelly's work in centre field, capturing nine flies, was magnificent. Curley played a great game at second. Fincke captured a hot liner and completed a double play by getting the ball to first in quick order.

The score:

Innings, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Yale, 2 1 0 2 1 5 0 0 - 11

Holy Cross, 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 3

Earned runs - Yale. Hits - Yale 16, Holy Cross 9. Errors - Yale 3, Holy Cross 5.

Princeton, 13; Orange A. C., 3.Princeton defeated the Orange Athletic Club Saturday by a score of 13 to 3. After the third inning the Orange players went to pieces. Westervelt pitched a fairly good game, but could not stem the tide.

The score:

Innings, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Princeton, 0 0 0 4 2 2 2 0 3 - 13

Orange, 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 3

Hits - Princeton 9 Orange 6. Errors - Orange 12, Princeton 2.

U. of P., 18; Brown, 9.Brown suffered an overwhelming and entirely merited defeat Saturday at the hands of University of Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania hit hard throughout the game, but should have been allowed not more than half her runs. Brown's infield went to pieces half a dozen times, and wild throws that counted for less than three runs at a time were exceptions. Her outfielders put up a better exhibition of ball on the whole, Robinson especially distinguishing himself by three fine running catches in right.

The team work of Brown was miserable, not only in the field, but at the bat. With three men on bases and the strongest hitter of the team at the bat, Cook, on second, conceived the brilliant idea of stealing third, and was allowed to make the attempt by the coachers. This was simply a fair sample of Brown's acceptance of opportunities.

Brown should have nearly doubled her score on the hitting she did.

The score:

Innings, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

U. of P. 2 2 0 2 1 3 3 5 - 18

Brown 2 0 3 2 0 0 2 0 0 - 9

Earned runs - Pennsylvania 2, Brown 1. Hits - Pennsylvania 14, Brown 11. Errors - Pennsylvania 5, Brown 9.