Exercise in the Open Air.

The asphalt-area on the north side of the Gymnasium is now available for exercising purposes. On and after Monday, January 13, the five o'clock developing class will take their exercises in the air, weather permitting, and those students desiring to exercise with this class are requested to govern themselves accordingly.

Students are advised to wear thick rubber-soled tennis shoes or rubber-soled "sneakers" with cork soles inside.

A light woolen jersey with long sleeves and long worsted tights or flannel trousers with light woolen underclothing will be the best for out-of-door work. Ordinary shirt and trowsers, however, with any kind of woolen underclothes will answer the purpose.

The objection which many persons have to gymnastics is that they are most always practiced in-doors. Now that the Corporation have provided a place for out-of-door gymnastics, it is hoped that large classes will avail themselves of this opportunity to take exercise in the open air.

The class exercises will consist of free movements, running, dumb-bell and wand exercises, and ball games, in which a large number can participate.

This class is open to all members of the University who wish to enter upon a moderate system of physical training for the purpose of keeping in good physical condition.