THE DEBATING CLUBS.

Election of Officers. Advisory Committee on Debating.

At a meeting of graduates and undergraduates held at the house of Professor Shaler on January 15, it was resolved,

1. That there is urgent need of a standing committee to exercise a general oversight of debating interests in the University.

2. That a committee be organized as follows:

Each of the three debating societies shail elect a representative; the three so chosen shall elect three members of the Faculty, and these six shall choose three additional members from the body of graduates. This committee shall have the option each year of adding to their number not more than nine members at large, to serve on the committee for that year.

The representatives of the three societies shall be elected at the beginning of each college year for a term of one year; the six faculty and graduate members shall in the first instance be chosen for terms of one, two and three years, one third of their number retiring annually and subsequent elections to be for a term of three years.

The regular meeting for the election of faculty and graduate members to fill vacancies caused by the expiration of terms shall be held early in the year, immediately after the three societies have had an opportunity of electing their representatives. Vacancies due to other causes may be filled by the committee at any time.

3. That one of the functions of this committee shall be the entire management of the intercollegiate debates.

EDWARD CUMMINGS, WM. E. HUTTON, CHARLES EGBERT BRYAN.