Federation of Graduate Clubs.

A meeting having for its object the formation of a federation of the graduate clubs of the various universities and colleges in the United States was held in Philadelphia on January 3. The delegates were most hospitably received and kindly treated by the Pennsylvania Graduate Club. The meeting was held in Houston Hall, the handsome new clubhouse of the Houston Club.

Professor Fullerton of Pennsylvania delivered the address of welcome. Regularly accredited delegates were presetn from the following nineteen colleges: Harvard, Brown, Yale, Princeton, Cornell, Columbia, Barnard, Bryn Mawr, Chicago, Clark, Johns Hopkins, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, Radcliffe, Western Reserve, Wisconsin, and Columbian University.

The main business of the meeting was the formation of a federation of graduate clubs. A constitution was adopted and officers were elected as follows: Pesident, F. L. Luqueer of Columbia; first vice-president, E. A. Schnable of Pennsylvania; second vice-president, J. F. Brown of Cornell; third vice-president, Miss K. Peterson of Radcliffe; recording secretary, B. H. Meyer of Wisconsin; corresponding secretary, Miss B. H. Putnam of Barnard; treasurer, E. P. Sheldon of Minnesota.

A committee was appointed to issue another edition of the handbook of graduate courses, with C. A. Duniway of Harvard as editor-in-chief.

The evening session was devoted to a reception in the library, where addresses were made by J. H. Robinson of Columbia and President Sharpless of Harverford.