Yale '96 Class Ivy.

[Associated Press.]

NEW HAUEN, CONN., Oct. 1.- The members of the Ivy Committee of Yale's class of '96, have made public what will undoubtedly prove a happy solution of the trouble engendered by the planting of the slip of ivy from the grave of Robert Lee on the Yale campus and its subsequent theft during the summer.

The members of the Ivy Committee, have been in correspondence over the theft of the ivy since it became known and have decided to plant another of the several slips from General Lee's grave which were originally sent and also on a proposition of Wallace Bruce '67, a slip from the grave of Theodore Winthrop. the poet and writer, who was one of the first Yale officers to meet death in the Union army. The planting of the ivies will be made a notable event and the plan of having Ex-Governor Chamberlain, of South Carolina, deliver the oration, is being favorably considered.

It is probable, however, the slips will not be put into the ground till early spring. Mr. Wells, chairman of the committee, in speaking on the matter, said the Winthrop ivy will be planted close beside that from the grave of General Law, and, as the vines grow together, they will typify the wish of every loyal Yale man for a union in spirit of the North and South, and a blow at any attempt to create sectionalism in any form among Yale alumni and undergraduates.