The Pin Hockey Game.

On Saturday at the Hemenway Gymnasium, Brown defeated the Providence Athletic Association in the new game of pin hockey, by a score of 41-39. Two or three hundred men saw the game.

Brown's team was composed of the following men: W. J. Duffy (Capt), T. J. Griffin, C. A. Cook, A. W. Barnfield. The P. A. A. men were: W. Seymour (Capt.), A. Perce, H. Sholtz, J. Furlong. The referee was Mr. A. H. Perigo, the time keeper, Mr. J. G. Lathrop, the scorer, Mr. M. S. Nicholls.

After the game, several Harvard men played a scrub game with the visitors, and seemed very favorably impressed.

Pin hockey is played in a circular pit about forty-five feet across, the sides of which are three feet high. The visiting teams brought their own pit with them, in sixteen pieces which were bolted together and set up in the gymnasium. The pins are set up in a circle, the four white ones alternating with the four black, and each man has a pin to guard. The ball used is a polo ball. It is batted with a hockey stick. The object of the game is for each side to knock over with the ball the opponents' pins without stumbling over its own. The shinguards are used continually to protect the pins from the ball.

Printed rules for this exciting game may be had of Wright and Ditson.