Intercollegiate Bicycle Meeting.

College bicycle racing will enter on a new era this spring as a result of the enterprising spirit of the Harvard Cycling Association. This association is going to hold a meeting open to college riders only.

The races will be held upon the new track now being built in Cambridge. It is a third of a mile in circumferance, and will embody the latest improvements in track construction. No expense has been spared to make this the fastest and safest track in the world. Mr. Corcoran, so long identified with the Waltham track, is to have entire charge.

There will be four scratch events and one handicap, besides which a road race between Harvard and the University of Pennsylvania has been arranged. The scratch events will be a one-third mile, one-half mile, one mile and five mile race. The two latter will be paced by fast tandem teams. The handicap will be a two mile race with a limit of 200 yards.

The college scoring the most points in the scratch events will be presented with a silk banner. In every race, gold, silver and bronze medals will be given to first, second and third respectively. These medals will be struck from the H. U. C. A. die, and will equal in value those given at the intercollegiate meet.

It is hoped that all college riders will make a special effort to attend the meeting for it will help the formation of an intercollegiate cycling association which would take bicycle racing in the colleges out of the track events and place it on an independent footing, where it belongs.

Entries may be sent to W. R. Brinckerhoff, 13 Matthews Hall, Cambridge, Mass. Fee one dollar for each event. Only amateur riders can compete.