'VARSITY CREW.

The Eight will go to Poughkeepsie June Eighth.

It has now been about two months and a half since the 'Varsity Crew got on the river and by this time their work and order has assumed a certain definite form. The men have practiced hard and earnestly under the coaching of Mr. Mumford and Mr. Faulkner, and as a result have improved wonderfully well. On Wednesday afternoon the Crew rowed its first four mile "time row" and it is rumored that very fast time was made. The coaches, however, were evidently not entirely satisfied with the work of the men, so Moulton was taken from his usual place at bow and Derby substituted. The "College crew" which was formed shortly after the class races has been abandoned and four men retained as substitutes. These men are rowing every afternoon in a four-oared shell in the following order: Stroke, Bull '98; 3, Moulton '98; 2, Ames '98; bow, Adams '98.

It has finally been decided that the Crew with the above named substitutes will leave for Poughkeepsie on June 8. The Crew will have its quarters at "Crumm Elbow," a little inlet just north of the Poughkeepsie bridge, and opposite the start of the four miles course. The training table will be in charge of Clarke and Phelps.

At present the order of the crew and their weights are as follows: Stroke, Goodrich '98, 168; 7, Bullard '96, 167; 6, Sprague '97, 182; 5, Fennessy '96, 176; 4, Townsend '96, 174; 3, Perkins '98, 178; 2, Hollister '97, 172; bow, Derby '96, 173.