Glee Club Concert.

The concert last night by the Glee, Banjo and Mandolin Clubs and the Pierian Sodality was well attended and in every way very successful. The plan of selling tickets only by invitation, which was inaugurated last year, worked admirably again this year and will doubtless be a fixture in the arrangements of future concerts.

The programme was composed almost entirely of new pieces, the only exception being a few of last year's numbers, which were so popular that the repetition was justifiable. A striking feature was the large number of songs and instrumental pieces composed and arranged by men now in college. No small interest was added to the occasion by the presence of L. S. Thompson, who led his own composition, "Wake not but hear me, Love," and of F. Bruegger and L. F. Berry of last year's glee club, both of whom sang solos.

Concerning the work of the organizations as a whole little need be said. The Glee Club sang in good tune and in good time. The Banjo and Mandolin Clubs showed the effect of hard work in the accuracy and precision with which they rendered their part of the programme. The Pierian Sodality played better than usual and its work in this concert can be judged from a much higher musical standard than it is generally safe to apply to it. College musical work always takes because it is college work; the concert last night would have pleased any audience.