Mott Haven Team.

Only twenty-five men will be taken to New York next Thursday to compete in the intercollegiate games. The men chosen are: For the 100 and 220 yard dashes, Bigelow, Redpath, Roche, Gonterman and Denholm; Vincent, Fish, Mansfield and Butler in the quarter-mile run; Hollister, Fenno, Bordman and Williams in the half-mile; Grant in the mile; Munroe in the high hurdles, and Mason and Bremer in the low hurdles. Phillips and Liebmann will start in the walk; J. S. Clarke, E. H. Clark, Mason and Somers are in the broad jump; Putnam and E. H. Clark in the high jump, and Emmons in the pole vault. Shaw and E. H. Clark are the only ones to throw the hammer, and Harvard will not be represented by any one in the shot.

Although Harvard easily defeated Pennsylvania, and would have a good chance to win in dual games with Yale, her prospects next Saturday are made less bright by the entry, from smaller colleges with weak teams, of individual athletes of unusual ability, who will take away many points in which Harvard is especially strong. The effect of such entries will be the worst in the dashes and the quarter-mile. Wefers, of Georgetown, will run in the dashes, and Burke will run in the quarter for Boston University. Harvard will also suffer from the absence of Hoyt, not only losing a probable five points, but leaving these points to be divided among its most formidable rivals, Yale and Pennsylvania. However, the men are rapidly getting into shape again after the Pennsylvania games and should do well.