The College Nine.

Last year the "College" or second nine was conducted in such a successful manner that Captain Dean has decided to follow out the same policy and have one this year also. The nine will be formed and a captain appointed this spring as soon as the baseball season commences, and judging from the amount of material in the College it should prove to be a far stronger nine than that of last year.

J. L. Valentine '98 has been appointed manager and, although the schedule of games has not been finally decided upon, he has already made arrangements with the various school and local nines in or near Boston.

It is the intention of the management to make much more of the College nine this year than that of last year and already they have practically received permission to play nines outside of Massachusetts on two different occasions.

With this point in view Manager Valentine has already entered into negotiations with the West Point Military Academy for a game on May 1, and with the University of Vermont and Bowdoin College. These last two games will undoubtedly be played on May 29 and 31 respectively, in the order named.

The policy of arranging games this year will be changed in that the schedule will finish as soon as the finals commence.