The University Club.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

In regard to the proposed University Club, I think that a mass meeting of the whole student body would put the matter on a firmer standing than would any of the plans which have been suggested. As far as I know the feeling of the students and the graduates, too, is almost unanimous in favor of some such scheme as the University Club, as a means of knitting together the various interests of Harvard men, and therefore, the meeting would undoubtedly be well attended. Furthermore a large meeting of undergraduates would be far more enthusiastic and would most likely produce greater results than a mere blue-book enrollment.

I would suggest that the officers of the four college classes, institute themselves as a committee, to see what could be done to arrange such a meeting. Let them have a number of prominent speakers present who would be familiar with University Club schemes. Have one man speak on the advantages of Houston Hall at the University of Pennsylvania, another on the practicability of a similar club at Cambridge, and let a third express the feeling of the graduates on the matter, the undergraduates would at intervals express their own feeling). Have the Glee Club present to lead the united College in singing "Fair Harvard." Have personal invitations sent to each individual student and to many of the most prominent Harvard graduates to attend the meeting, for if Harvard is ever to have a University Club to unite her soul and body, we must have the earnest and active cooperation of every fellow-student to enable us to show our sincerity of purpose and determination to succeed to those who are able to help us.

UNDERGRADUATE.