English 6.

Debate for Thursday, Nov. 4, '97.Question: "Resolved, That the United States has a right to such jurisdiction over Behring Sea as will be adquate to protect the seals."

Affirmative.G. L. Patterson and W. K. Otis.

Best general references: The Behring Sea Question, S. B. Stanton; the Behring Sea Arbitration, correspondence of the London Times; Hall's International Law. State papers on Behring Sea question; U. S. Dept. of State, 1890.

Negative.H. S. Smith and E. T. Gundlach.

Best general references: Halls International Law, Sec. 40-42; Snow's Cases, Appendix A; 19th Cent. 33, 606, 1038; Harpers 82, 766; Forum 8, 225; Nation 57, 113, 61, 412; Atlantic 65, 178; N. Am. Rev. 154, 575; Sat. R. 68, 128, or 71, 152; London Times, Jan., June, '97, and N. Y. Tribune, '95-'97. For newspapers see index of London Times fisheries, and for Tribune its index under Behring Sea.

Recommended Articles

Harvard Safer Than Yale, New Study Shows
Harvard may not be the safest campus in America, but it is twice as safe as Yale, a new study
The Emperor's New Clothes
I N PREVIOUS centuries, they were pleased to be known as dandies. Wearing only the latest fashions, using only the
Cambridge School Test Scores Below Target
For the first time ever, the Cambridge public school district has been labeled “in need of improvement” due to the results of last spring’s Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS) testing.
Activist Group Condemns Endowment’s Link to Gunmakers
A student and alumni activist group criticized Harvard this week for its investment in an index fund that is a major shareholder of firearm manufacturer Smith & Wesson.
Innovation Lab
After Dry Spell, Harvard Finally Tops a College Ranking Again
Art Museums Magazine Goes Digital
Awaiting the re-opening of Harvard’s Fogg Museum in 2014, Harvard recently launched a digital version of its Art Museums magazine, “Index,” to provide users with updates on the renovation as well as unique daily content.