Special Notice.

HAIR CUTTING SPECIALISTS.- Griffith's hair dressing rooms, 7 Brattle street, Harvard square. Seven artists, all special hair cutters. Razors carefully honed.

C. W. GRIFFITH, Proprietor.For five years at Young's Hotel, Boston.

BOXING.- Do you want to take boxing lessons? If so there is no better man than Wm. S. Gordon, who has been appointed instructor at the Gymnasium. Lessons at Gymnasium or at rooms. Wm. S. Gordon, New England School of Boxing, 127a Tremont street, Boston. 27tf

THE Society of Decorative Art, 14 East 34th St., New York. Sofa Pillows, curtains, flags, artistic furnishings of all kinds, suitable for students' rooms. Shopping to order. 3 3m

"BE good and you will be lonesome." Mark Twain's crowning effort, "Following the Equator," now ready. Obtained only by subscription. Agents wanted. Place and Winston, General Agents for Cambridge, 467 Broadway. 27 6

MISS POST'S School for Instruction in Dancing at Pierce Hall, Copley Sq., reopens in October. Private lessons a specialty. Prospectus forwarded upon application. Office hours, 9 till 11, daily.

1-3m

TUTORING.- Greek, Latin, German and French courses.

J. H. WALDEN, PH. D., 13 Mt. Auburn Street.31 15

DANCING CLASS.- Mrs. S. J. Chandler's meets at Odd Fellows Hall, Cambridgeport, Tuesday nights. Term opens Oct. 12. Private lessons by appointment Residence next city hall. 2 tf

LOST.- At Freshman game, Saturday, a black, steel-rod umbrella, with wooden handle. Marked on inside Arthur P. Young. Please return to 25 Conant Hall, between 6 and 7 p. m. 38 2

THE old stand at Foster's is the best place in Cambridge to get a good lunch. All kinds of temperance drinks. 7 tf

TO HARVARD STUDENTS.- We are serving, Free, Whitman's Instantaneous Chocolate. You are cordially invited to sample it. Just what you need to complete your lunch. Frank P. Merrill, Harvard square. 32 4

EXCELLENT board and good service can be obtained for $6.00 per week at 1190 Mass. Ave., opposite Beck Hall. Club tables to let. Transients accommodated. 7 tf

STUDENTS.- Buy your second-hand text books at the Harvard Book Store, near Post Office, 33 Brattle St. 1-tf

FLAGS for the Harvard-Yale game at Hollis 22 or College House 28, Thursday and Friday p. m., Saturday a. m. 38 4

TO LET.- Suite of 2 rooms, furnished, 12 Hilton Block. Apply to janitor. 38 5

FOR RENT.- A pleasant room, nicely furnished, for reasonable terms, at 1200 Mass. Ave. 33 6

$60.00 BONUS.- 54 Perkins. Other minor inducements. Apply at 54 Perkins. 9 3

IT is the New England Home Magazine, a complete illustrated 48 page magazine, with photographs of the Harvard eleven and a new story by Captain King which will be given away with the next Boston Sunday Journal, the art supplement of which will also have photographic pictures of the Yale and Pennsylvania elevens. The paper sold out last week so it will be well to order it early.

A MEDICAL man, M. D., C. M., who studied at the best English and Scotch medical schools and hospitals, and who holds the best English degrees and has coached successfully candidates for the Membership and Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, England, would give private tuition to a few medical students in the following subjects: Anatomy, Physiology, Surgery, Medicine, Pathology, and Midwifery. Candidates prepared for the higher English examinations. For terms, etc., apply "Z" this office. 39 3

$40 BONUS on 10 Thayer to any one who will take the room. Regular price $175. Call or address 41 Matthews.