'Varsity Practice.

Nearly all of the regular 'Varsity players were given a rest yesterday to counteract the effects of Saturday's hard game, Parker and Sawin being the only ones to get into the short practice game. The other men, with the exception of a few sprains and bruises, are all in fairly good physical condition and will doubtless be enabled to enter the Wesleyan game on Wednesday. For the first time since their injuries of several weeks ago, Bouve and Donald were considered well enough to particiapate in the general practice. Neither seemed the worse for his long rest, as they got into the game with a great deal of activity and appeared to have lost none of their old strength.

In the fifteen minutes practice Donald played a commendably aggressive game.

Bouve protected his territory strongly, and in rushing with the ball plunged through the second's line again and again for good gains. The running of the backs in general lacked method and head-work. This was undoubtedly caused to some extent by the unfavorable conditions of rain and a slippery field which made footing uncertain and dodging next to an impossibility. Sawin's punting was fairly good, the particular merit being that he got his kicks off quickly. His running was strong, but he availed himself little of large openings through which he might have made larger gains. Both sides fumbled the ball continually, hardly a single punt being safely caught. The second scored once directly through a fumble, when Parker missed the kick-off. The ball was regained by the second on the 5 yard line, but the 'Varsity held three downs for no gain. On the fourth rush, however, the ball was pushed over the line on an end play. The 'Varsity scored three times during the fifteen minutes.

The line-up follows:

'VARSITY. SECOND.

Lewis, l. e. r. e., Stoddard.

Wheeler, l. t. r. t., Sargent.

Bouve, l. g. r. g, Jaffray.

Burden, c. c., Hoague.

Haskell, r. g. l. g., Sargent.

Donald, r. t. l. t., Gray.

Richardson, r. e. l. e., Littig.

Cochrane, q. b. q. b., Maguire, Hatch.

Sawin, l. h. b. r. h. b., Gierasch.

Parker, r. h. b. l. h. b., Livermore.

Haughton, f. b. f. b., Brown.

Brown, f. b. f. b., Hanavan.