THE YALE DEBATE.

Final Preparation for Friday's Contest Now Begun.

The annual Harvard-Yale debate will take place tonight in Sanders Theatre. The question for debate will be: "Resolved, That the United States should adopt definitively the single gold standard, and should decline to enter a bimetallic league even if Great Britain, France and Germany should be willing to enter such a league." Harvard will support the affirmative. Each speaker will be allowed twelve minutes for his main speech and also a rebuttal speech of five minutes.

The Harvard men will speak the first time in the following order: S. R. Wrightington '97, G. H. Dorr '97, F. Dobyns '98. In the rebuttal speeches the order will be: Dorr, Wrightington, Dobyns. For Yale, in the main speeches, the order will be: C. S. MacFarland, Div., C. U. Clark '97, C. H. Studinski '97; in rebuttal, MacFarland, Studinski, Clark.

The judges will be Professor D. R. Dewey, of Technology; Professor F. H. Giddings, of Columbia, and Judge E. A. Aldrich, of the U. S. Circuit Court. Governor Wolcott will preside.

After the debate a supper will be given to the debaters at the Colonial Club. Professor A. B. Hart will act as toastmaster; Dr. E. V. Reynolds will respond for Yale and Professor G. P. Baker for Harvard. The judges are also expected to speak.

The men who will represent Harvard and Yale tonight are as follows:

The first Harvard speaker will be Sydney R. Wrightington '97, of Fall River, Mass. Wrightington prepared for college at the Durfee High School, and is a member of the Harvard Union. In the last Princeton debate which Harvard won he was one of the Harvard speakers.

Goldthwaite Hamilton Dorr '97, of Orange, N. J., will be the second speaker for Harvard. He prepared for college at Milton Academy. His previous training in debating has been gained in English 6 and the Harvard Forum of which he is a member. This is his first experience as a 'Varsity debater.

Fletcher Dobyns '98, of Oberlin, O., will make the last speech for Harvard. He prepared for college at Oberlin Academy and later at Oberlin College. While there he was president of the leading debating society. Last fall Dobyns was president of the Intercollegiate Sound Money Democratic League and stumped the Middle States in its interest. In his freshman year he was alternate on the Yale debate and has twice been on winning teams against Princeton.

The alternate is W. H. Conroy, Jr., '99, of Philadelphia, Pa. Conroy prepared for college at the Central High School where he graduated as valedictorian of his class. Last year he spoke in the Yale-Harvard freshman debate which Harvard won. He is a member of the Harvard Forum.

C. S. MacFarland, of the Divinity School, will be the first speaker for Yale. He is from Melrose, Mass., and graduated from the East Boston High School and after studying privately for several years entered the Yale Divinity School in '94. He gained experience as a speaker in the Young Men's Congress of Boston and Melrose.

The second speaker will be Charles W. Clark '97, of New York. Clark has taken more prizes for scholarship than any man in his class, and is an ex-president of the Yale Union. Last year he was on the Yale team that won from Princeton.

C. H. Studinski '97, of Pueblo, Col., is the third Yale speaker. After graduating from the Pueblo High School, he spent two years at the University of Colorado, entering the junior class at Yale. Last year he was alternate on the Harvard debate, and is now president of the Yale Union. He has recently been elected class orator.

The Yale alternates are E. H. Hume '97, of Newton, Mass., and F. P. Garvan '97, of Hartford.