THE DEBATERS.

The Harvard Team.

Wilbur Morse, of Philadelphia, was graduated in 1894 from the Central High School as valedictorian of his class. During the next year he attended the University of Pennsylvania, where he was one of the editors of "Ben Franklin." He was on the winning team of the Philomathean Society against the Zelosophic Society. In 1895 he entered Harvard and was on the '99 team in the Harvard-Yale Freshman debate, which Harvard won. Last year he attended the University of Pennsylvania Law School, but entered Harvard 1900 this year. He became a member of the Forum in the spring of 1896.

John Alexander Hull Keith, Sp., of Illinois, was graduated in 1894 from the Illinois State Normal University at Bloomington, Ill. In this institution the students are equally divided into two societies. keith represented the Philadelphian Society against the Wright onian Society for two years-in 1893 in debate, and in 1894 in oration, which he won. After his graduation he taught for two years in his alma mater. In the fall of 1896 he was admitted to the University of Chicago, but finally decided to come to Harvard, where he entered as a special.

Charles Grilk '98, of Davenport, Iowa, prepared at Andover. While there he spoke in the Means and Draper prize contests, and won first prize at the Philo exhibition debate. During his Freshman year at Harvard he was elected an editor of the CRIMSON, was first president of the Freshman Debating Club, and was a speaker in the first Harvard-Yale Freshman debate. In his Sophomore year he was the alternate on the Harvard-Yale 'Varsity debate. In his Junior year he took a Boylston first prize for public speaking, and was one of the principal speakers in the Harvard Princeton debate. He was also president of the Union durign the first half of the year.

Philip Greenleaf Carleton '99, of Lawrence, Mass., alternate, prepared at Andover, where he was one of the speakers in the annual joint debate in 1895 between the Forum and the Philomathean Debating Club. He was also in the Means and Draper prize contests. During his first year at Harvard he was president of the Freshman Debating Club, and was one of its speakers in the Harvard-Yale Freshman debate. In his Sophomore year he was on the Forum team which debated against the Columbia Union. He is now secretary of the CRIMSON.

The Yale Team.The men who compose the Yale debating team are not experienced in intercollegiate contests, with one exception.

Herbert W. Fisher '98, of New Haven, prepared for Yale at the Hillhouse High School in that city, and was a member of the team defeated by Princeton last year. Fisher has won the Thacher prize for two consecutive years, and is among the first scholars of his class.

H. A. Jump, of Albany, N. Y., entered the Yale Divinity School last year, having graduated from Amherst. While in the latter college he was prominent as a debater.

John K. Clark '99, of Brooklyn, N. Y., prepared at the Latin School of that city. He was a member of his Freshman team.

Fred E. Richardson '98, of Lancaster, N. H., prepared for Yale at St. Johnsbury, Vt. He has been a debater in both his preparatory and college courses.