AN AGREEMENT WITH YALE.

Harvard and Yale to Meet in All Branches of Sport for Five Years.

After four months of negotiations the following agreement for the renewal of athletic relations between Harvard and Yale was signed last Saturday night by Dr. W. A Brooks '85, acting for the Athletic Committee, and by Walter Camp for the Yale Athletic authorities. The agreement, which was made public last night, is:

"It is hereby agreed by and between the Harvard Athletic Committee and the Yale Athletic Management that there shall be annual contests in rowing, football, baseball and track athletics between the representative organizations of Yale and Harvard, beginning March 1, 1897, and ending March 1, 1902, the details of these contests to be left to the managers and captains.

"It is also agreed that all contests, with the exception of rowing races, shall take place on college grounds and that the net gate receipts shall be equally divided between the two contesting organizations.

"This agreement is conditional upon the appointment on or before April 1, 1897, of a committee to consist of one graduate of each university, to whom shall be referred all disagreements in any way relating to athletics and all questions of eligibility. The decision of this Committee is to be final.

"In case of a disagreement between the members of this committee, it shall have the power to call upon a third person to settle the particular question in dispute.

"Exception to Clause1.

"Owing to Harvard's present boating agreement, Yale is willing to make a third party in the Harvard-Cornell race at Poughkeepsie in 1897, if Harvard so arranges.

"Yale is to be definitely informed of the decision regarding and the date of the race on or before March 1st, 1897.

"If the race for 1897 is arranged, Yale is to have the privilege of naming either Poughkeepsie or New London for the race of 1898, the races of succeeding years to be governed by the main body of this agreement.

"If the race for 1897 is not arranged, that failure shall in no wise affect the general agreement, and the place for the race of 1898 shall then be governed by the terms of the general agreement.

(Signed)

WALTER CAMP, W. A. BROOKS, JR."February, 13th, 1897.