Professor Wendell's Play.

Ralegh in Guiana, the play to be given in Sanders Theatre, on March 22, was written by Professor Wendell, for private performance in Boston. The play endeavors to set forth, somewhat in the manner of an Elizabethan chronicle history, the events which led to the failure of Sir Walter Ralegh's final effort to secure for England the possession of the country now called Venezuela. These are chiefly recorded in Ralegh's "Discovery of Guiana," and in his "Apology"

At a private performance, the play was most kindly received; and some of the older officers of the College, who were present at this performance, have thought the play worthy of serious academic recognition. At their suggestion, the Department of English has invited the company who acted in private to reproduce it at Cambridge. To those who care for the history of the English drama, this performance may offer a not quite usual interest. For it is a serious effort, on the part of a modern student, to revive many of the effects which were characteristic of the English stage in the early Seventeenth Century.

The play will be acted by Professor Barret Wendell, Mr. Jacob Wendell, Jr., Mr. A. A. Carey, Mr. L. F. Deland, Mr. T. R. Sullivan, and Mr. C. A. Clough.

Tickets will be on sale at Sever's and at Herrick's, March 15.