PIETA THEATRICALS.

The Dates for the Public Performances of "Fool's Gold."

The dates for the public performances of this year's Pi Eta play, "Fool's Gold," have been arranged as follows: Monday, April 5, Pi Eta Club House, Cambridge; Thursday, April 8, Lynn Theatre; Friday, April 9, Academy of Music, Fall River; Saturday, April 10, Bray's Hall, Newton; Monday, April 12, Bijou Opera House, Boston. Graduate's night will be Friday, April 2, in the new Pi Eta Theatre. Rehearsals of chorus and principals have been in progress for two weeks, under the direction of Mr. James Gilbert, and everything points toward a successful production of the new piece.

"Fool's Gold" is a two-act comic opera, with a consistent plot and a logical story. Almost all the songs and dances are closely allied to the development of the plot and the libretto calls for an abundance of movement and comedy situations. The music is of a light, catchy order, and should prove popular.

The scene of the opera is laid in Florence. The plot hangs on the attempt of Count Giocoso of Pisa to mary one of his daughters, Gioya and Passata, to the Duke de Grabo, who holds a mortgage on the Count's estates. Giocoso is reputed to be very rich, but in reality he is bankrupt. The Duke de Grabo, lured on by visions of a handsome dowry, is exceedingly anxious to win the hand of the beautiful Gioya. She, however, falls in love with Amorello, a handsome page, who finally, after many exciting adventures, by the aid of a fake magician, Astralgo, gets the better of the wily old miser and, of course, in the end wins his suit. There are several side plots which run along simultaneously with the central action.

The principal parts will be taken by Vivian Burnett '98, E. M. Waterhouse '97, G. S. T. Newell L. S., A. B. Cunningham '98, W. D. Walker '97, F. E. Barry '97, T. L. Holmes '99, W. S. Parker '99 and W. H. Burton '99.