PI ETA THEATRICALS.

Rehearsals for "Fool's Gold" have already Begun.

The Pi Eta Society have already begun rehearsals for their annual spring theatricals, which will be given in April. The name of the play is "Fool's Gold." It is a two act comic opera, written on fairly legitimate lines and with considerable plot. The scene is laid in Italy. The music is by John A. Loud '98, and the libretto by Vivian Burnett '98. Mr. Edward E. Rose will, as in former years, have entire charge of the rehearsals and staging of the play.

"Fool's Gold" will be the initial production in the new Pi Eta theatre, which has been built in the rear of the club house on Winthrop Square. The new building was completed the first of January, and since that time the stage carpenters and electricians have been busy putting in the necessary accessories.

The new theatre is excellently appointed in every way. The auditorium will seat comfortably three hundred and fifty people, and the stage is large enough to put on a comic opera in first class style. The proscenium arch is a large one, being 22 feet high by 26 feet wide. The stage and mechanical contrivances have been built, under the direction of Mr. E. E. Rose, by Parker and Malloney of the Hollis Street Theatre. Every detail in modern stage construction has been carefully attended to.

The gridiron, fly-galleries, prompt box, and electrical devices of the modern theatre are complete. There are one hundred electric lights in the foot and border lines of the stage, and as many more on the chandeliers of the auditorium, all of which are operated from the big switchboard on the stage. The curtain and automatic fire sprinklers which protect the scenery will be put in this week. The total cost of the theatre and furnishings is about $10.000.

"Fool's Gold" will be given in Cambridge the first week in April, followed by the Boston performances at the Bijou Theatre. The play will as usual be given several out-of-town performances, the dates of which are now being arranged.