The Crews.

The 'Varsity and Sophomore crews Spent the whole of the Easter recess in Cambridge. The '99 crew had Monday off and '97 did not recommence rowing until Wednesday. With the exception of the Senior crew, the men have been rowing twice a day in the eight, with pair-oar work beside.

Several changes have been made in the make-up of all the crews. Hollister has been taken from three in the 'Varsity boat and Wrightington moved from bow to his place. Biddle, who was at three in the Freshman boat, was put in at bow on the 'Varsity, Monday, and has remained there since then. On Thursday J. H. Perkins strained a muscle in his side and was obliged to stop rowing temporarily. Whitbeck, five in the Sophomore crew, is now rowing five, but Perkins will probably be back in his place on Tuesday.

The 'Varsity is at present rowing in the shell that was used at Poughkeepsie last year. They have improved during the week and are rowing longer and more steadily. The make-up is as follows: Stroke, J. F. Perkins; 7, Goodrich; 6, Thompson; 5, Whitbeck; 4, Sprague; 3, Wrightington; 2, Bull; bow, Biddle. The men will be given a rest today.