Book Notice.

The Joseph Knight Company of Boston has just published a little volume which will be sure to interest college men who care for the literary side of undergraduate life. It is called "Cap and Gown; Some College Verse" selected by Joseph LaRoy Harrison. Mr. Harrison has run through the whole range of college publications and has chosen the verse which has seemed to him most representative of college life. His own words of introduction best show the character of the work. The book he says, "is exactly what its title represents it to be, some college verse - and nothing more." He hopes "that it may find a corner in the domain of lighter verse, that it may be a congenial complement to the old brier root during some idle hour of undergraduate life, and that it may awaken in those who have left their Alma Mater, the sleeping memories of that happy, careless past, - memories which neither time nor adversity nor absence can efface."

"Cap and Gown; Some College Verse" chosen by J. L. Harrison. Published by Joseph Knight Company, Boston 1893.