THE INFIRMARY.

Plans for College Hospital Being Pushed.- Subscriptions Solicited.

The infirmary project, which has been so much discussed during the last year, has not lain idle this spring, but is commanding a steadily increasing interest among those who are best able to further it. The work of raising funds, procuring a site, overseeing the plans, etc., has been to a large extent placed in the hands of Dr. C. J. Blake '65, whose letter we publish below.

The plan is not merely to provide an efficient hospital, but further to arrange the building in such a way that it may be as homelike and attractive as possible. It is therefore intended to have single rooms and small wards, and, in addition, small reading and sitting rooms for convalescents, and guest rooms for parents and relatives of the patients. There will also be a diet kitchen, which shall be a centre of supply of food and delicacies for students who for any cause are confined to their rooms without needing or wishing to go to the infirmary.

In regard to the solicitation of contributions and the general consideration of the plans and purposes of the infirmary, it has been suggested that each class of undergraduates and each school appoint one of its members, to act conjointly with three graduates as a Harvard Infirmary Committee.

The Ladies' Committee, an advisory body with power to add to its membership, includes: Mrs. Roger Wolcott, Mrs. Charles W. Eliot, Mrs. Wirt Dexter, Mrs. Frederick L. Ames, Mrs. James T. Fields, Mrs. George F. Putnam, Mrs. Charles Fairchild, Mrs. Edward Wigglesworth, Mrs. William James.

Dr. Blake's letter follows.