A Further Protest.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

I would like to add my protest to that of "Ninety-eight" in yesterday's Crimson against the new rule in Philosophy I. Like "Ninety-eight," I have been saving the course as one which could be more enjoyed and appreciated in my Senior year, and for three years have been looking forward to it with keen anticipation. Now, without any warning, comes the announcement that if Seniors wish to take the course they will have to do the work of a whole year, but will receive the credit only for a half. This, I think, is decidedly unfair. No one doubts the right of the department to make such a regulation, but the fairness of doing so without noitce may well be questioned.

The fair and just way to do would be to publish the rule this year, to go into effect in 1898. This would permit '98 men to take the course next year (and it is really only they who are affected), and would forewarn the lower classes not to put it off. Let every '98 man who feels the weight of this new rule protest against it and request that it be not put into effect till 1898.