A. A. U. REGISTRATION.

I. C. A. A. A. A. Demands Absolute Exemption from Its Registration Rules.

At the meeting of the I. C. A. A. A. A. executive committee in New York last night the subject of A. A. U. registration was acted on. The requirement of the A. A. U., that college athletes in good standing must be provided with its amateur certificates before competing in games held under its auspices has caused much dissatisfaction in the I. C. A. A. A. A. The objections were that the fee of one dollar was enough to keep many novices from competing and, more important, that it seemed absurd for amateurs approved by college athletic committees to be forced to buy from the A. A. U. an additional certificate of their amateur standing.

In answer to an expression ot these objections the A. A. U. offered a rebate on their fee. At last night's meeting the following resolution was adopted: "Whereas the reply of the of the registration committee of the A. A. U. in answer to the resolution submitted to that body by the I.C. A. A. A. A. does not eliminate the objection to the registration schemen as set forth in said resolution, be it resolved that the I. C. A. A. A. A. demand as its rights the absolute exemption of all its members from the registration scheme of the A. A. U."

W. B. Curtis was appointed referee for games. No reply has as yet been received from the University of California in regard to Captain Brown's charges. The committee was instructed to continue the correspondence.

According to the latest information the report of the committee on the letter received from Cambridge University had not yet been presented.