Competitors in Dual Games.

A comparison of the Harvard and Yale track teams points to interesting and well contested events in the dua- games on Saturday.

The sprints as usual are uncertain. I Graff and Byers of last year's team, an Richards and Conway, both fast ne men, Yale has perhaps a stronger com bination than Harvard with Bigelow '9 Green 1L., Harris 1900 and Robinson 190 Redpath '98 and Roche '99 are not their best condition. Should Harvard win both sprints, her chance of winning the games would be good.

The most hotly contested events wi probably be the two hurdle races. Captain Perkins of Yale is the intercollegiate champion in both, and Yale men generally expect him to win both. Fox 2 was a close second to Perkins in the hig hurdles in the intercollegiate games last year. Hallowell 1901 and Peter, the Yale freshman hurdler, were rivals in the interscholastic games last year an should make a good fight for third place. In the low hurdles Bremer '96 holds the world's record and should make Perkins work to win. Morse '99 was second to Perkins both at New Haven and New York last year, and, as he is running strong, is rather better than Van Buren and Fewsmith, Yale's other low hurdlers.

The distance runs appear to be slightly in Harvard's favor. Bremer will run the quarter as well as the hurdles. The best Yale man in the quarter is Fisher, who is one of the fastest quarter milers Yale ever had. She has taken him out of the sprints and apparently intends to win this event for once. To do so, however, Fisher will have to beat Bremer and Fish '99. In the half mile Draper 1900 and Bush 1901 are pretty evently matched against Ordway, Yale's best man. Bush is a new man who lacks experience, otherwise he might be looked upon as a winner. In the mile run two Freshmen, Mills and Clark, are of exceptional ability and with Grant are certainly better than Speer and Spitzer of Yale.

Yale, as usual, is strong in the field events. In the high jump Waller, if he competes, is better than Morse, who is not jumping as well as he did last year. Rice 1900, Ellis 1901 and Rotch 1900 are better than the other Yale jumpers. In the broad jump, Clark '98 has strained a tendon in his leg, but Nickerson 1901 is a strong jumper who compares favorably with Cheney, Yale's best man. In the weight events Yale may win the hammer throw, while Ellis 1901 may win the shot for Harvard. The pole vault is Yale's strong point, for in it she has Johnson, the intercollegiate champion, and Clapp who recently made the world's record. Yale further appears to be stronger in the bicycle event.

On the whole Harvard's strength lies rather in the field events than in the runs. Harvard has entered a large number of Freshmen