PRINCETON TODAY.

Second Game of the Series on Soldiers Field this Afternoon.

Harvard plays Princeton in the second game of the series on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3 o'clock. In the first game, two weeks ago, the nine was defeated by the score of twelve to two in a poorly played game, characterized by loose fielding and weak hitting. Since that time, however, a great improvement has been made, Exeter and Williams having been defeated in well played games, and although beaten by Pennsylvania the nine demonstrated that it could play a fast game. The bad weather of the past week necessitated the cancelling of the Newton A. A. game and in consequence the nine has failed to have the practice needed so badly just before a big game.

It is difficult to compare the work of the two nines since the first game as they have not played the same teams. The records seem to show that Princeton is the stronger. Princeton was beaten seven to three by Lafayette, and defeated the strong Cornell and Brown teams by the scores of 11 to 6, and 4 to 1, respectively. Before Princeton played Harvard, the latter was defeated by Lafayette 8 to 1, and by Cornell 8 to 5; since then by U. of P. by the score of 3 to 2. The only victories in fact have been over rather weak teams.

McCornick, who has been alternating between right field and pitcher, will be in the box for Harvard and Lynch will be played in right field in his place. Rand is still troubled with his leg, but the injury is not serious enough to prevent his playing his regular position.

The game today is the first important one to be played on the new diamond, but the sale of seats has been small as yet, and only about five hundred have been taken.

The batting orders today will be:

HARVARD. PRINCETON.

Rand, l. f. r. f., Suter.

Burgess, c. f. l. f., Easton.

Laughlin, s. s. c., Kafer.

Haughton, 2b. 1b., Kelley.

Reid, c. s. s., Butler.

Robinson, 3b. 3b., Hutchings.

McCornick, p. 2b., Burke.

Foster, 1b. c. f., Watkins.

Lynce, r. f. p., Hillebrand.