HARVARD MEETS PENNSYLVANIA TODAY.

Harvard is Confident and has the Odds in Her Favor--Pennsylvania has Improved Rapidly During the Week--Both Teams are in Splendid Physical Condition.

Harvard will play Pennsylvania on Franklin Field, Philadelphia, this afternoon at 2 o'clock. This will be the first of Harvard's two important games of the season, and it promises to be the hardest one that has yet been played. The outcome is generally conceded to be a victory for Harvard, but the score will be closer than seemed probable about two weeks ago. At that time Pennsylvania was slumping as never before, but since then the team has shown remarkable improvement under graduate coaching. Today, it will play a very strong game, the strongest game, in fact, which it is capable of. The Harvard players, including Boal, who will resume his old place at guard, are in the best of condition and are full of spirit. The abundance and excellence of the substitutes, especially in the back field, will offset any weakening of the team through injuries to the regular players.

Owing to deficiencies in studies, Davidson will not play at fullback for Pennsylvania, and Barnard will take his place. Otherwise the team will play as in the game with Chicago. Boal will enter the game; he is in first class physical condition and is anxious to play. The Harvard backs will be Sawin, Reid and Kendall, who are chosen because they play in thorough accord with each other.

The players will line-up as follows: HARVARD.  PENNSYLVANIA. Campbell, Left End.  Coombs, Right End. Donald, Left Tackle.  Wallace, Right Tackle, Boal, Left Guard.  Teas, Right Guard. Burnett, Centre.  Overfield, Centre. Burden, Right Guard.  Hare, Left Guard. Lawrence, Right Tackle.  Snover, Left Tackle. Hallowell, Right End.  Potter, Left End. Daly, Quarterback.  Outland, Quarterback. Sawin, Left Halfback.  McCracken, Right Halfback. Kendalf, Right Halfback.  Kennedy, Left Halfback. Reid, Fullback.  Barnard, Fullback.