New Half-Courses.

The following new half-courses are announced for the second half-year: Greek 15. Theocritus, Biou and Moschus. Mon., Wed., Fri., at 12. (V). Asst. Professor Clifford H. Moore.

Latin 8. Lucretius. Mon., Wed., Fri., at 11. (IV). Professor Smith.

English 36. English Composition. Tu., Th., at 12 and conferences at hours to be announced. (XIII). Messrs. Gardiner and LaRose.

English 37. English Literature. The story of King Arthur, from Malory to the present time. Tu. Th., at 2.30, and a third hour at the pleasure of the instructor. (XV). Dr. Maynadier.

Slavic 3. General Survey of Slavic Philology. Three times a week. Mr. Wiener.

History 28. The History of Continental Europe from the beginning of the Thirty Years' War to the Peace of Utrecht. Tu. Th. Sat., at 10. (XI). Professor Colby (McGill University).

History 27. Studies in the History of Democratic Movements and Institutions during the Middle Ages. Three hours a week. Professor Colby (McGill University).

History 25. The elements of Latin Paleography. One hour and a half, twice a week. Professor Haskins (University of Wisconsin).

Government 9. Federal Government: history and administration. Tu., Th., Sat., at 8. (IX). Professor Hart.

Economics 20e. Ethnology in its applications to Economic and Social Problems. Tu., Th., at 9. (X). Dr. John Cummings.

Education 4. The School Systems of England, France, and Germany. Tu., Th., at 10. (XI). Asst. Professor Hanus.

Education 10a. The method and equipment of a teacher of the classics in secondary schools. Mon., Wed., Fri., at 3.30. (VIII). Asst. Professor Parker.

Mathematics 16. The Calculus of Variations. Mr. Whittemore.

Engineering 12b. The elements of Thermodynamics. Mon., Wed., Fri., at 9. (II). Mr. Marks.

Chemistry 7. Electrochemistry. Tu., Th., Sat., at 9. (X). Mr. Lewis.

Geology 11. Oceanography. The geology and physiography of the ocean and ocean-basins. (IV). Mon., Wed., Fri., at 11. Dr. Daly.

Mining 10. Fire assaying. Chiefly laboratory work. Tu., Th., Sat., at 11. (XII). Mr. Raymer.

American Archaeology 5. American Ethnology. Mon., Wed., Fri., at 8. (I). Dr. Russell.

In addition to these, Professor Morgan will give, during the second half-year, at a time to be announced on the bulletin boards, a course of about fifteen lectures, open to all members of the University, on the history of classical studies. This course cannot be counted towards any degree.