Hockey Games yesterday

The University hockey team was defeated by the Law School team yesterday afternoon on Soldiers Field by the score of 4 to 3. The team work and playing of the University team were much better than usual, and the fact that the Law School team is an aggregation of some of the best former intercollegiate players made it an excusable defeat. In the game with Brown at Providence next Saturday it is probable that the same team will represent Harvard. The line-up of the two teams was as follows: University --laverack, Beardsell, F. J. Goodridge, Hoxie, forwards; Hardy, cover-point; Vanderpool, point; Hunt, Penhallow, Matteson, forwards; Ledyard, coverpoint; A. M. Goodridge, point; Barrows, goal.

A scrub hockey team from 1901 was defeated yesterday on Spy Pond by the Cambridge High and Latin School team, by the score of 4 to 1. As the regular Junior seven has not yet been made up, the team played a very ragged game. The line-up was as follows: Goal, Sampson; point, Coyle; coverpoint, Way-man; forwards, Hart, Swaim, Coolidge (capt.), Hyde.

The Sophomores defeated the Freshmen in a practice game on Spy Pond. The Sophomores showed extremely good team-work for so early in the season, the playing of R. Pruyn being especially brilliant.

The following candidates were out: 1902 - Winsor (capt.), Emery, Movius, Gray, Chaffee, Cook, Noyes, Stevenson, Seaver, Burgess, Pruyn, Peirce, Pownall, Metcalf, Francis. 1903--Noyes, Clark, Fisher, More Marean, Brewster, Page, Munroe, Wright, Abbott. B. C. Wright has been appointed temporary captain in place of l. F. Percival, resigned.