Details of the New Course in Landscape Architecture

The Lawrence Scientific School has issued the preliminary announcement of the courses of study in the new four year programme in Landscape Architecture. The character and scope of the work can best be ascertained from the following statement of the yearly requirements:

First year--Technical and Historical development of the Ancient styles with especial reference to Classic Architecture, Elementary Architectural Drawing, Plane Trigonometry, Rhetoric and English Composition, Botany, Principles of Delineation, Color and Chiaroscuro, French or German.

Second Year--Elementary Architectural Design, History and Principles of Landscape Design, Technical and Historical Development of Renaissance and Modern Architecture or Elementary Physiography and Meteorology, Principles of Design in painting, sculpture and Architecture, English Composition, Horticulture, Surveying.

Third Year--Elementary landscape Design, Technical and Historical Development of Renaissance and Modern Architecture or Elementary Physiography and Meteorology, Freehand Drawing from Architectural Subjects, Study of Plants in relation to Landscape Planting, Construction and Maintenance of Common Roads, Elementary Geology, Summer work in the Study of Plants.

Fourth year--Landscape Design (second course), Study of Plants in relation to Landscape Planting (second course), Infirmities of Plants, Freehand Drawing from Architectural Subjects (second course), Drainage and Water Supply, Masonry and Foundations, Contracts and Specifications, Thesis.