Graduates' A. A.

After two years of existence, the Athletic Association of Harvard Graduates is still growing in numbers. The peculiar nature of the organization, made up, as it is, of members scattered over the whole country, the uncertainty which existed at the time the Association was formed as to just what it might accomplish, gave much ground for doubt as to the possibility of a continuing existence.

The results accomplished have not been great, perhaps, yet they have been adequate to furnish the Association with a reason for being. The mere fact that nearly two thousand Harvard men who have left Cambridge and are occupied with the busy activities of life, have already joined the Association is significant as indicating the interest felt by those men in athletics at the University. This interest is by no means confined to the graduates fresh from college.

The more recent classes naturally have the larger representation, yet the majority of members is made up of graduates of more than ten years standing. Fourteen hundred and forty eight members are Bachelors of Arts. The earliest class represented is that of 1841. The representation of the classes by decades is: 1841-50, 8; 1851-60, 22; 1861-70, 98; 1871-80, 245; 1881-90, 418; 1891-99, 657; Total (Bachelors of Arts), 1448