Library Acquisitions.

The Library has recently received two sets of interesting documents, the gifts of E. V. Morgan '90 and J. Boardman '94. The first consists of all the originals of the consular proclamations, with one or two exceptions, which were issued in Samoa during the recent complications there. Mr. Morgan served as secretary to the American Commission which was sent to Samoa a year ago, and the documents collected by him comprise the proclamations of the English, American and German consuls, notices issued by the Supreme Court and other decrees. Last December he gave the Library copies of several of the proclamations of the American Commission, and his present gift thus completes the series of documents.

The gift of Captain J. Boardman '94, who is at present serving in the Philippines, consists of a small collection of Filipino publications and documents. The most important is a complete file of the "Revolucion," the official organ of the government in the province of Bisayas, from December 1898 to February 1899. In the later numbers is printed officially the greater part of the constitution of the Philippine government. Among the miscellaneous papers sent by Captain Boardman are two manifestos by the president of the Council of Government, printed for distribution and dated March 20 and April 15, 1899. They accurately represent the sentiments of the Filipino leaders at that time.