Facts from Yale

The money for the school of forestry at Yale, which President Hadley hopes to establish, is now practically promised, a building has been secured, and the head of the department chosen. The student of forestry will be trained with the idea of fitting him for practical work. Sufficient botany will be taught to cover the rudiments of the profession, and then the study of the practical care of forests will be taken up as well as the economical aspect of the subject.

The class of '96 has voted to erect a memorial gateway to Gerard M. Ives and Ward Cheney, the two members of the class who lost their lives in the war. The gateway will probably be placed on the Campus, but the exact location is undecided.

Robinson, the trainer of the track team, has arrived in New Haven and will assume his duties tomorrow, when the track candidates will be called out.

The Yale gymnastic team will take part in the intercollegiate contest in the Columbia Gymnasium on March 23, and has also arranged a dual contest with Columbia on March 2, and a joint exhibition with Princeton on March 31. In connection with the meet on March 2 a handball tournament between Yale and Columbia has been arranged, and a fencing contest between teams from Columbia and Cornell will take place the same evening.

W. Bourke Cochran of New York has accepted the invitation to act as speaker at the Commencement exercises of the Law School.

As the members of the golf, basketball, gymnastic and several other teams are claiming the right to wear the "Y", a meeting of the four athletic organizations will be held tonight to take action on the question.