Chess Players Needed.

The Chess Club will meet this evening to reorganize and make plans for the coming season. Great efforts are being made to arouse interest in the club, owing to the fact that no experienced players will return to College next year. It is necessary, therefore, to develop inexperienced men, if Harvard is to obtain permanent possession of the Intercollegiate Cup. To do this, Harvard must win the intercollegiate tournament ten years in succession; as the record of victories is unbroken for the last six years, only four seasons remain. G. H. Wolcott of the Boston Chess Club will assist E. E. Southard '97 in coaching the team this winter. Inasmuch as the team will hereafter be of four men, instead of two, everyone has a better chance of making it.

The College tournament will begin next week and continue until the last of November. Books for entries will be placed in Leavitt's and in Sanborn's within a few days. The two steins, offered as prizes, will be given respectively to the contestant making the best score, who has never won a prize, and to the winner of the tournament, provided he has never played on a University team. This last clause bars out C. F. C. Arensberg '01, C. T. Rice '01 and E. R. Perry '03; these three players will not compete in the tournament until the final round.