Republican Mass Meeting.

The first Republican meeting of the campaign, held last night in Lower Massachusetts, was largely attended. H. B. Kirtland '01, president of the Republican Club, announced that the first issue of the Harvard Republican will appear on Friday and will answer certain assertions made by the Democrat. The paper will be issued weekly through the campaign for the purpose of promoting the interests of Republicanism at Harvard, and of representing Harvard Republicanism fairly before the public. After speaking of the value of the work done in past years by the Republican College League, of which the Harvard Republican Club is a member, it was announced that some time soon Senator Hoar will speak in Faneuil Hall, Boston, to students of Harvard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Boston University. It was suggested that Harvard men turn out as an escort to Governor Roosevelt when he arrives in Boston October 27.

Senator F. W. Dallinger '93 made a short address in which he spoke of the large number of Harvard graduates, formerly Democrats, who are supporting the McKinley administration. He urged all republicans to join the club, and outlined the requirements for student voters in Cambridge.