Second Eleven and Andover Tie.

The football game between the second eleven and Andover Academy at Andover on Saturday resulted in a tie, neither side scoring. The Harvard defense was strong and the Andover team in consequence adopted punting tactics from the start. The second eleven reached Andover's one yard line once where a fumble lost the ball, and was within five yards of the goal twice. Failure to score in these cases was due chiefly to the fumbling of the second eleven's backs, but the Andover team's defence was very strong, in one case holding the second eleven for downs at the five yard line. In punting, Andover was very strong and the second eleven very weak, so that Andover gained greatly by the kind of game she adopted.

Cooper did some very brilliant tackling and L. Daly showed great accuracy in catching punts. Hersey made several good gains around Andover's end but his nose was broken in the first half and he was obliged to retire.

The line-up: Harvard Second.  Andover. Hoxie, Morse, r.e.  l.e., Cates. Lewis, r.t.  l.t., Botchford. Peyton, Grew, r.g.  l.g., Weeks, Roberts. Sugden, c.  c., Barney. Carroll, l.g.  r.g., Kinney. McGrew, l.t.  r.t., Coonley. Cooper, l.e.  r.e., Burke. L. Daly, q.b.  q.b., Reeves. Jaynes, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Collins. Hersey, Derby, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Crosley. Mifflin, f.b.  f.b., Levine.