THE SECOND ELEVEN SCORES

First Team Fumbles and Misses Signals. Interference Good.

The first and second elevens played a game of thirty minutes yesterday, the first eleven scoring two touchdowns and the second one. The defensive work of the centre men of the first team was steady, but the slowness of the ends allowed the second team to gain considerably. There was a great deal of fumbling and missing of signals, one fumble resulting in the touchdown for the second team. On the offense the plays were not run off smoothly enough. The interference, however, was good, especially on the end runs, where the first team made most of its gains.

J. Lawrence played a fast and brilliant game, and Eaton again showed up well. Hallowell allowed himself to be blocked off on end plays. Campbell was also below his usual form. All of the guards and both Sargent and Roberts followed the ball closely, and played a steady game throughout.

The second eleven scored its touchdown on the fourth play, Hawkins getting the ball on Devens' fumble and running forty-five yards to the goal-line. On the kick-off Kernan ran twenty-five yards, and on the next play he got around left end and ran seventy yards for a touchdown. The playing after that became very loose, both teams gaining repeatedly and then losing the advantage by fumbling. Finally the first eleven braced up and began a steady advance to the goal. Kernan made most of the gains around left end, Devens and Stillman helping considerably by successful line-bucking. Kernan finally scored the touchdown and J. Lawrence kicked the goal. There was no further scoring, although at one time the second eleven brought the ball to the first team's twelve yard line.

The line-up. First Eleven.  Second Eleven. Hallowell, r.e.  l.e., Hawkins. J. Lawrence, r.t. l.t.,  McGrew, Waters. Burnett, Barnard, r.g.  l.g., Carroll, Shaw, Riggs. Sargent, Roberts, c.  c., Sugden. Lee, Shea, l.g.  r.g., Grew. Eaton, l.t.  r.t., Lewis. Campbell, Bowditch, l.e.  r.e., Clark. Daly, q.b.  q.b., L. Daly. Devens, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Blagden, W. R. Lawrence. Kernan, W. R. Lawrence, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Derby. Stillman, f.b.  f.b., Mifflin.