Golf Championship.

G. M. Wheelock '01 won the finals of the University Golf Championship yesterday afternoon on the links of the Oakley Country Club, defeating A. M. Brown '03, two up. The extreme heaviness of the greens, owing to the rain on Sunday made accuracy impossible, so that on the majority of the holes either Wheelock or Brown took three putts to hole out.

Going out, the first hole was halved in 4, Brown won the second and Wheelock the third. The fifth, seventh and eighth holes went to Wheelock, the ninth, to Brown, making Wheelock two up at the turn.

Coming in every hole up to the seventeenth was halved with the exception of the twelfth and sixteenth, which were won by Brown. With the match all even and two to play, Wheelock holed out in two on the seventeenth green, and won the match with a five on the 500 yard home hole.

The scores were: Wheelock (out)  4  5  4  4  6  4  5  6  6--44 Brown (out)  4  4  6  4  7  4  6  7  5--47 Wheelock (in)  3  6  4  5  4  5  8  2  5--42 Brown (in)  3  6  3  5  4  5  5  4  7--42 Total, Wheelock, 86. Brown, 89.