Cross Country Runs.

By J. W. Hallowell.

The first of a series of cross country runs will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 6, at 4 o'clock, starting from the Hemenway Gymnasium.

The object of these runs is primarily to get as many men as possible interested in track work and, secondarily, to keep the candidates for the track team in good condition for the winter and spring work. The following plan has been adopted: Runs will be held on Tuesdays and Fridays, Nov. 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 27, and 30, and on Thursday, Nov. 22. The first run will be for two miles, the second for three miles, the third for four miles the fourth for four miles with a short break at the finish, the fifth and sixth for five or six miles with a break of about half a mile, the seventh for three or four miles with no break. The eighth will be a hare and hound run for which prizes will be given. The hares and master of the hounds will be appointed later. If enough enthusiasm is shown two extra hare and hound runs will be held in December, for which cups will be given as prizes.

All members of the University who are in good physical condition are urged to obtain lockers in the Gymnasium and to enter these games.

Mr. Graham will be at the Gymnasium at 4 o'clock on every day of a run and all other days on which men may wish to do additional work in preparation for the hare and hound runs. All men who intend to enter these runs are requested to enter their names in one of the blue books at Leavitt's, Sanborn's, and the Hemenway Gymnasium.