Yale Notes.

As nearly as can be estimated at present the Yale enrolment for the coming year will be 2560 students, an increase of 133 over last year. The registration by departments will be about as follows: Academic, 1230; Scientific, 662; Graduate, 290; Art, 95; Music, 115; Medical, 140; Forestry, 6; Divinity School, 105; Law School, 200.

A new bicentennial building, the gift of Misses Carrie and Olivia Stokes of New York, is soon to be erected. This is to be the administration building, where all the executive offices of the University will be located. It will stand on the new land from the Weld estate on Wall street. The building will cost about $50,000.

Work has already been begun on the new club-house of the Yale Club of New York City. It is expected that the building will be ready for use next summer. The contract has been given to the Yale Building Company, a corporation organized for this purpose, of which Brayton Ives '61 is president. The structure will be eleven stories high and will cost $250,000. The situation is on the south side of 44th street, between 5th and 6th avenues, near the Harvard Club of New York.

Next Christmas the musical clubs will take the longest trip in their history. The plans for the trip have not yet, been fully completed, but will probably, include four or five concerts on the Pacific Coast beside the usual number into the East and West. As the Christmas vacation is not long enough to cover the trip, the faculty has extended a further leave of five days to members of the clubs of five days to members of the clubs at the beginning of the winter term.

The new School of Forestry opened Thursday, September 27, at the residence of the late Professor O C. Marshall. Addresses were made by Gifford Pinchot, Yale '89, head of the U. S. Division of Forestry; Professor W. H. Brewer and Professor J. W. Tourney. Six students regularly enrolled in the school and thirteen students from other departments have elected the one course open to undergraduates. The director of the school is Professor W. H. Graves '92.

The Yale Democratic Club has held one meeting and is planning for another next Wednesday night at which ex-Governor Altgeld of Illinois will speak. Arrangements are being made to organize a Republican Club at a meeting tonight.

The Hon. Andrew D. White '53, Ambassador to Germany, is expected in New Haven October 13 and 14 as the guest of Dr. T. T. Munger.

Rev. Alexander McKenzie and Rev. Francis G. Peabody of Harvard are on the Yale Board of Preachers for the coming year.