Sophomores, 11; Freshmen, 0.

The Sophomores defeated the Freshmen yesterday by the score of 11 to 0. The playing was hard and the game was well contested throughout. 1903 had rather the advantage in weight and was able to gain almost invariably through the line, while 1904 had to rely more on kicking and end plays. There was a great deal of fumbling on both sides, due partly to the condition of the field.

1903 kicked off and got the ball on a fumble. On several line plays the ball was carried to 1904's five yard line where Noyes was forced to try for a goal from the field which failed. 1904 kicked, and the ball was brought back by a series of line plays from the middle of the field, until Knowlton went over for a touchdown. Knowlton also kicked the goal. For the rest of the half the ball was mostly in 1903's territory.

On the kick-off in the second half Piper brought the ball back to the thirty yard line when 1904 secured it. Their kick was blocked and a Sophomore got the ball. A series of line-plays carried the ball to the five yard line when Switzer was sent over for a touchdown. Knowlton missed the goal. The rest of the half was spent mostly in exchanges of punts. The game ended with the ball in 1903's possession on her own thirty-five yard line.

The line-up: 1903.  1904. Percival, r. e.  l. e., Harrison. Knowlton, r. t.  l. t., Parmelee. Heinfelden, r. g.  l. g., O'Connor, Rainsford. Waterbury, c.  c., Bleakie. Cudahy, l. g.  r. g., Sanger. Fox, l. t.  r. t., Jones. Ames, l. e.  r. e., Thayer. Krumbhaar, q. b.  q. b., Robinson. Noyes, r. h. b.  l. h. b., Goodhue. Piper, l. h. b.  r. h. b., Parker. Switzer, f. b  f. b., Skilton.