Strength Test.

Trial strength tests are now being carried on at the Gymnasium to determine the fifty strongest men of the University, and to choose a representative for the individual strength championship of American colleges. These tests will continue until the latter part of April when the records of the first fifty strong men of the University will be published. The actual tests are identical with those required of men who take part in college athletics. Following is an extract from the regulations adopted in 1897:

"All of the tests must be made consecutively in the order mentioned (in the regulations) and be completed within fifteen minutes. A rest of only one minute will be allowed between the tests for the strength of the upper arms (triceps) and chest, and strength of upper arms (biceps) and back, as these are usually taken to test the power of repeating efforts and to try the action of the heart and lungs.

"By the first of May every year each institution will publish the record of its fifty strongest men examined that year. The individual having the highest total shall be deemed the champion strong man of all the colleges, and the institution having the fifty strongest men, as decided by the largest total score, shall hold the total strength trophy for the next year."