University Musical Clubs.

The University Glee, Banjo, and Mandolin Clubs are all three showing great improvement over their work at this time last year. Since last October there has been noticeable a steady change for the better, especially in the Mandolin Club. Under the leadership of E. Euston '00 the men have arrived at some degree of enthusiasm, which was lacking before, and they now play together with considerable dash and expression.

One of the great faults of the Glee Club in the past has been a lack of new music. The songs in the Harvard Song Book, together with a few old standbys, were sung repeatedly until they became tiresome. Now the policy has been changed, and a number of new songs, of a somewhat lighter character than usual, have been adopted. C. N. Prouty '00 will continue to sing solos for the club until the end of the year, and an effort will be made to find some one to take the place of J. C. McCall '99, as humorous soloist.

The Banjo Club is not so strong as the other organizations at present, though it has been making creditable progress. Both the Banjo and the Mandolin Clubs will be considerable weakened when the 1900 members retire on March 17.

A meeting of the three clubs will be held on March 17, to elect a general manager and to choose new officers for the Banjo and Mandolin Clubs. A. J. Rockwell '00 is manager at present.

Following is a schedule of the concerts for the next few weeks:

March 6. Salem Club, Salem, for the Mandolin and Glee Clubs.

March 14. Lynn, for the Mandolin Club.

March 15. Beverly, Mass., for the Banjo Club.

March 17. Newton Club, Newtonville, for all three clubs.

March 21. Association Hall, Boston, for all three clubs.