Whist Tournaments.

The Whist Club's regular winter duplicate whist tournament, open to all members of the University, will begin on February 12. The entries will be divided into sets of four or five pairs each and each pair will play every other pair in the same set. The two pairs which make the best showing in each set will play in the next round. The members of the whist team to play Yale will not be chosen wholly on the basis of their showing in the tournament, but men who play well in the tournament will be favorably considered. Entries may be made at Leavitt's until February 12 for fifty cents a man, and efforts will be made to secure partners for any men who enter singly.

The match with Yale will be played in Cambridge about March 31. The team for the match will consist of eight men picked by the captain. Before meeting Yale, the Harvard whist team will play two matches with the American Whist Club, and one each with the Colonial Club of Cambridge, the Revere Club of Chelsea, the Mercantile Library Association of Boston and the Cavendish Club. N. S. Kelly 2L., M. Hyman 2L., and A. J. Halle 2L., who played on the whist team last year are still in the University.