Club Rowing Review

The upper-class crews have now been rowing on the river for about two weeks and are rapidly rounding into shape for the class races, which are to be held during the latter part of next week. Including the twelve Freshman eights there are now twenty-five organized crews rowing daily on the Charles, together with five substitute fours, and numerous extra men who go out in pairs and singles. Of these, twelve eights and three fours are rowing at the Weld, while thirteen eights and two fours are made up at the Newell. At this time last year there were only eighteen crews in all on the river.

The coaching thus far has consisted mainly in an endeavor to remedy ragged blade work and to get the different crews as near a unit as possible. There have been encouraging signs of improvement among all the crews, but any marked advance toward finished work is hardly to be expected so early in the season. Donovan at the Weld and Vail at the Newell have done practically all the coaching, although the graduate coaches, Mr. J. J. Storrow '85, Mr. G. S. Mumford '87 and Mr. H. W. Keyes '87, will assist in coaching as soon as the launches are ready for use.