Arrival of the Launch.

The University launch was brought up from Lawley's yesterday afternoon, reaching the boat-house at 3 p. m. She could not be used, however, for coaching the crews on account of an accident to the high pressure cylinder valve, which happened just as she reached her mooring. The repairs will probably be completed in time for today's rowing.

The launch is white with a temporary yellow funnel which will later be replaced by a smaller one of brass. She is 51 feet long, with pointed stern, two cock pits, the forward one being slightly larger than that of the Frank Thomson. She has a Roberts boiler and a self-oiling engine, large coal lockers and a capacity for carrying 250 gallons of water. Her screw makes 50 more revolutions per minute than that of the Frank Thomson and her speed is guaranteed at 14 knots. An official trial to determine this will take place in the Easter recess. She turns in the same space as the Frank Thomson, but leaves less wake to trouble passing crews. The general appearance of the boat is neat, but she is less graceful than the old Frank Thomson.