Preparations for Spring Rowing.

It is expected that all the class crews will go on the river sometime this week, as soon as the floats can be made ready. At the Newell Club, once is now being placed in the water and the others will follow in two or three days. At the Weld, one float will be ready by the middle of the week, but the new one which is being built can not be in place before two weeks. The boats at both clubs have all been thoroughly over-hauled during the winter and a redistribution of singles will be made shortly, in order to make the resources of both houses as nearly equal as possible. The lockers at the Weld are being repaired and seventy-five new once have been ordered for the Newell club. In addition, John Clucas of Cambridge port is building three wherries for each club.

The Freshman crews will not begin outdoor work until the others are provided for and a slight reduction will then be made in the number of Newell Freshmen.

The date for the races between the club crews of the three upper classes and of the Law School has been fixed for not later than April 10, and one week later the race of the four winning crews will be held and also that of the four losing crews. The regular inter club race of the four best crews which will be selected from these will take place about May 1, when the first race of the Freshmen will also come off.