Hasty Pudding Play.

All dates for the performances of "Wytche Hazelle," this year's Pudding play, have now been arranged for. It will be presented before the graduates of the society on the night of May 4, and on May 5 and 7 public performances will be given in the Hasty Pudding Theatre. The show will also be given at the Park Theatre in Boston on May 9, 10, 11 and 12. Tickets for these performances may be obtained at Herrick's, Thurston's and at the Park Theatre. Following is a brief synopsis of the play:

The townswomen of Salem are discovered making merry in the absence of their husbands who have gone to fight the Indians. When Cavendishe, who is one of the leaders in the expedition, returns to Salem, he decides to forbid public love-making. In an effort to evade this law, Charitie sends a love message to Portentous; but owing to a misconception, the latter believes his suit hopeless and attempts suicide. Just at this time the two exiles arrive by ship and are allowed to remain after examination. As they go in search of lodgings, Mothere Broomstycke and her crew of witches arrive. A soul-harrowing song ensues. The pirate now appears, learns that he is the long lost son of the witch, and disguises himself in one of Mistress Charitie's dresses with which Happie chances to be passing. The buccaneer now retires, after which Hazelle and Richarde enter and sing a duet about a scare-crow. Richarde now goes in search of Historicus, but returns with him just after the departure of Hazelle. Portentous has some trouble with the school-children who rebel and depart with Richarde and Historicus. Upon this, Portentous arrests Hazelle as a witch, but she escapes and the pirate is imprisoned by accident.

The exiles leave for Boston. Before long, the pirate is discovered in the prison and is taken for Hazelle, Cavendishe insisting that she has "changed her form." The pirate is thereupon sent to Boston for trial.

The second act opens with the people of Boston indulging in their afternoon occupation of adoring their family tree. Upon the arrival of Richarde and Hazelle, the exiles, there is a drinking song. Cavendishe and his party are now heard approaching, and in quick succession he, Portentous, the school children and Mothere Broomstycke make their appearance. Cavendishe, who has gone to find a judge, returns with Indictmente and the pirate is locked up in the judge's house, preparatory to the trial. Several songs follow, after which there is a love-making scene. Cavendishe becomes furious and orders the arest of the entire party. Cavendishe and Indictmente, left alone, decide to go to Keith's.

The second scene is laid at the vaudeville, and the last scene is the trial, which makes a fitting climax to the play.